- Cooked pasta, potatoes, and rice.
- Cooked hot cereals, like oatmeal, grits, or Cream of Wheat.
- Cooked meats, fish and chicken.
- Dairy products such as cottage cheese, yogurt, and ice cream.
- Cooked vegetables such as potatoes and beans.
- Canned fruits.
- Ripe bananas and avocados.
How do you make pureed food look good?
What can I use to puree food?
You can puree food in a blender or food processor. Pureed foods are important if you have trouble chewing or swallowing. Changing solid foods so they don’t need to be chewed can make them safer and easier for you to swallow.
What is a puree meal?
Some people who have swallowing problems (dysphagia) may need puree food. This means that it does not have to be chewed and is easier to swallow. Puree food is: A ‘normal’ diet that has been blended/liquidised until it is smooth in consistency. There should be no lumps, but it should not be runny like soup.