- 2.1 Classic Risk – Best Overall.
- 2.2 Risk Legacy Board Game – Best for Fixed Groups.
- 2.3 Risk 60th Anniversary Edition Best for 6 Players.
- 2.4 Risk Star Wars Edition – Best for Young Star Wars Fans.
- 2.5 Risk Junior – Best Risk Version for Children.
Is Risk board game any good?
Final Thoughts on Risk
The variants such as mission cards make it a better game. The tactile soldier miniatures, the epic sweep of the board prefigure many of its modern rivals. Some may be frustrated by its long playing time and reliance on random elements but it is still much loved and held in nostalgic affection.
Is Risk better than Catan?
If you think it is the best combat strategy game out there, you are not right, but it is ok if you like it for what it is. Catan, on the other hand, is the best at what it does and will give you a top-notch experience like no other. Risk is also though to play over and over again while Catan was built for it.
Is Risk a real board game?
Risk is a strategy board game of diplomacy, conflict and conquest for two to six players. The standard version is played on a board depicting a political map of the world, divided into forty-two territories, which are grouped into six continents.