A Japanese study found that the smell of citrus helped to eliminate emotional stress and boost participants’ moods for up to 30 minutes. Try lighting a citrus-scented candle to enjoy the mood-enhancing and energizing power of bergamot, grapefruit, orange or lemon.
What does citrus candle smell like?
Citrus candles are known for being refreshing, energising and enlivening. The citrus fragrance family is light and fresh and includes bergamot, lemon, orange, tangerine, and grapefruit.
Can you put sugar in a candle?
For instance, putting coffee beans or sugar or anything you think would add to air quality that isn’t normally included in a candle will just burn. A lot of items like this are disappointing and often smell more like nasty fuel than anything they should smell like.
How do you make candles smell like citrus?
- Cut each fruit in half (crosswise). Scoop out fruit.
- Remove the wick from the paraffin candles and place into center of citrus bowls.
- Place the candle wax in a microwaveable bowl.
- Pour the melted wax into the citrus bowls with wick positioned vertically in the center.
- Let cool and harden completely.