What is the best saddle pad on the market?
- Diamond Wool Contoured Felt Ranch Pad.
- Classic Equine BioFit Correction Pad.
- Southwestern Equine OrthoRide Correction Pad.
- Professional’s Choice SMX Air Ride Anza Wool Pad.
- Weaver Leather Contour Pad.
- SaddleRight Western Square Pad.
What material is best for a saddle pad?
In today’s equine market the only two materials are wool or cotton. Wool is the winner here. It will absorb up to 3 times its weight in water, cotton will only absorb its initial weight, and wool has compression protection six times that of comparable thickness of cotton.
What color saddle pads look good on chestnuts?
Chestnuts & Bays
Chestnuts, on the other hand, can be a bit tricky to dress with the correct color. Try to use deeper and richer colors, avoid light shades of red. Blues, emerald or mint greens can complete the chestnut coats.