What is the best nutrition for athletes?
Choose healthy sources of protein such as chicken, turkey, fish, peanut butter, eggs, nuts and legumes. Stay hydrated with beverages, as a two percent drop in hydration levels can negatively impact performance. Options include milk, water, 100 percent fruit juice and sport drinks.
What are the 7 nutritional rules for athletes?
- #1 Know How to Eat to Fuel Training:
- #2 Understand Your Nutritional Demands During Exercise:
- #3 The Role of Healthy Fats to Promote Exercise-Recovery:
- #4 Enjoy a Balanced Diet:
- #5 Optimize Your Protein Intake:
- #6 Enjoy Endurance Training Superfoods:
What should a 12 year old athlete eat?
Whole grains and other complex carbohydrates (oats, brown rice, quinoa, whole wheat bread, whole grain breakfast cereals, sweet potatoes, squash and beans) Fruits (2 to 4 servings per day) Vegetables (3 to 5 servings per day) Lean proteins (chicken, fish, beans/lentils, tofu, eggs, yogurt and milk)