What are the 4 main types of hard hats?
- Type 1 Hard Hats. Type I hard hats are designed specifically to provide protection from falling objects.
- Type 2 Hard Hats.
- Class G (General Hard Hats)
- Class E (Electrical Hard Hats)
- Class C (Conductive Hard Hats)
What is the difference between Type 1 and Type 2 hard hats?
Type I hard hats are only designed to protect workers from objects and blows that come from above and strike the top of a helmet. Type II hard hats are designed to offer protection from lateral blows and objects. This includes from the front, back, and side as well as from the top.
What must be present on all hard hats?
- Manufacturer’s name.
- ANSI standard that the hard hat conforms with, such as “ANSI Z89. 1-2009”
- ANSI type (type I or II) and class designation (G, E or C)
- Size range for fitting.
- Date of manufacture.