- Action Games (including FPS, Fighting, and Platformers)
- Adventure Games (including Action-Adventure titles)
- Role-Playing Games (including MMORPGs)
- Strategy Games (including RTS and TBS)
- Simulation Games (including Sports, Life, and Management Sims)
What are the four categories of games?
He contends that there are four classifications: Competition, Chance, Simulation, and Veritgo, and a spectrum of organization and sophistication for each. Roger Caillois seeks to define the idea of play and its role in different types of games.
How many categories of game are there?
How many different types of video games are there? There are over 30 different types.
What are the example of games?
A game is any mental or physical activity with rules that is done for fun, such as physical activities like baseball and soccer, or board games such as chess and Monopoly, or card games, or electronic games (like apps), or video games.