Risk was invented by French film director Albert Lamorisse and originally released in 1957 as La Conquête du Monde (The Conquest of the World) in France. It was bought by Parker Brothers and released in 1959 with some modifications to the rules as Risk: The Continental Game, then as Risk: The Game of Global Domination.
Is the game Risk worth anything?
In addition, each gameboard is marked with a unique limited edition number. Right now, a used version of the board game is available on eBay for $297, but multiple reports say that a brand new box can cost up to $900.
Which is the best version of Risk board game?
7 Best Risk Board Game Versions Based On Real Player Reviews
- 2.1 Classic Risk – Best Overall.
- 2.2 Risk Legacy Board Game – Best for Fixed Groups.
- 2.3 Risk 60th Anniversary Edition Best for 6 Players.
- 2.4 Risk Star Wars Edition – Best for Young Star Wars Fans.
- 2.5 Risk Junior – Best Risk Version for Children.
What are the different versions of Risk board game?
- 1.1 Risk.
- 1.2 Castle Risk.
- 1.3 Risk 40th Anniversary Edition.
- 1.4 Risk: 2210 A.D.
- 1.5 Risk: The Lord of the Rings.
- 1.6 Risk: The Lord of the Rings: Gondor & Mordor Expansion Set.
- 1.7 Risk: Lord of the Rings Trilogy Edition.
- 1.8 Risk Godstorm.