- Position drill guide on clutch brake.
- Hold down clutch pedal so that tool and clutch brake are clamped together tightly.
- Drill through clutch brake up to collar.
- Remove bushing.
- Finish cut with the chisel.
- Rotate clutch brake and repeat process for the other side.
How do you install a Eaton clutch brake?
Are there different size clutch brakes?
Clutch brakes come in different thicknesses to compensate for the wear that takes place in the clutch system. Standard size is between 3/8” and 7/16”. Oversized brakes are also available.
Where is the clutch brake located?
A clutch brake is a circular metal disc with friction material attached to both sides. Two tangs on the clutch brake match machined slots in the transmission input shaft. The clutch brake is mounted on these slots, between the release bearing and the transmission.