How do you shrink a sweatshirt without ruining it?
- Wash the garment in hot water.
- Put in the dryer on high heat.
- Check periodically throughout the drying cycle to make sure you don’t over-shrink the garment.
- When it’s the right size, change the dryer setting to low heat or air and dry the rest of the way gently.
How do I keep my hoodie from shrinking?
Use Cold Water
Cold water is less likely to shrink or fade and ruin clothes, especially anything made from cotton. Cold water can also reduce wrinkles, which saves both time and the energy costs associated with ironing. Your best bet with hoodies, cardigans or jumpers is washing with cold water on a gentle cycle.
How do you shrink a hoodie in boiling water?
- If you want to shrink your shirt 1 size, leave it in the water for 10-15 minutes.
- If you hope to shrink your shirt 2 sizes, let it cool to room temperature.
- Do not do this if washing a polyester sweatshirt.