- Streamline open shelving with storage bins and color coordination.
- Invest in cute, clearly labeled bins.
- Ditch the game boxes for labeled plastic cases.
- Stock up on mesh pouches for easy storage (and transport).
- Upgrade your living room ottoman.
How do you organize board games on a shelf?
When organizing board games, most people keep them in their boxes and stack them on a gaming shelf (either horizontally or vertically). Other ways for board game organization includes storing them in storage containers, drawers, or taking out the contents (such as game pieces and meeples) and storing them in baggies.
Where should board games be stored?
Use hanging board game storage
A hanging organizer which is typically kept in a closet can work well for storing your board game collection. You can keep them out of sight and any extra shelves can be used for storing clothing garments.
Is it better to store board games vertically or horizontally?
Ideally, you would put boardgames horizontally on one shelf each so they don’t have games on top.