How do I get my Hotpoint washing machine to drain?
- Remove the bottom access panel at the base of the unit.
- Place a tray on the floor next to the washing machine (or a large thick towel) to collect any water run-off underneath the drain.
- Open the filter cover partially and allow the water to drain out in a controlled manner.
Why is my Hotpoint washing machine not spinning or draining?
Your Hotpoint washing machine has an in built feature to prevent it spinning with an unbalanced load. The appliance will try to redistribute the load to achieve balance, however, if it remains unstable the spin process will be aborted. This will minimise excessive vibration and prolong the life of your machine.
How do you force a washer to drain water?
- Try the spin cycle.
- Turn off the power and water supply.
- Remove and check the drain hose.
- Check to see if it will drain with the help of gravity.
- Check your machine’s inner workings.
- Check the drain pipe.
- Drain manually if needed.
- Call a service professional.