- Dilute ¾ cup (177 ml) liquid chlorine bleach with 1 gallon (3.8 L) of warm/hot water.
- Using a cloth and the cleaning solution, clean the surface of the gasket.
- Clean around the inside of the door, paying extra attention to the bottom of the door where hair, lint and residue can accumulate.
How do you get mold out of LG front load washer gasket?
Use a quarter cup of dish washing detergent (powder), along with a towel. Put the machine on the “sanitary” (hottest water) setting. Let it finish its cycle. This should get rid of the mould completely.
How do you clean a front load washer gasket?
Open the washer door and peel back the gasket so the interior is visible. Remove any visible objects like hair, buttons, or coins. Spray hot, soapy water in the gasket and wipe with a clean cloth to remove mildew. Repeat as needed.
How do you remove black mold from washing machine rubber seal?
- Put on gloves and goggles (THIS IS ARGUABLY THE MOST IMPORTANT STEP OF ALL)
- Put vinegar into a spray bottle.
- Spray mold with the vinegar and let the vinegar sit for 2 to 4 hours.
- After the time has elapsed, rinse the gasket with water.
- Leave washer door open and let the rubber dry.