Can you replace the rubber seal on a washing machine?
Unfortunately, these seals, while good at keeping water in, are notorious for growing mold or mildew if not frequently cleaned. If your door seal has blackened beyond what cleaning can fix or is old and damaged, it can be replaced. Start this repair by unplugging your washer and disconnecting it from the water.
How much does it cost to replace a washing machine seal?
You’ll likely pay around $230 to $300 to repair or replace the rubber seal of a washer. A faulty seal will dump water all over your floor when you run your washer, so it’s important to replace it as soon as you notice any damage.
How do you remove black mold from washing machine rubber seal?
- Put on gloves and goggles (THIS IS ARGUABLY THE MOST IMPORTANT STEP OF ALL)
- Put vinegar into a spray bottle.
- Spray mold with the vinegar and let the vinegar sit for 2 to 4 hours.
- After the time has elapsed, rinse the gasket with water.
- Leave washer door open and let the rubber dry.