- Check the Door Lock Switch. Washers will not run if the door or lid is not closed.
- Rebalance the Load. Another simple problem that can stop the washer from draining is an unbalanced load.
- Drain Your Washer Manually.
- Clean the Drain Filter.
- Inspect the Drainage Hose.
- Check That the Drain Pump Is Working.
How do I force my LG washer to drain?
For LG front load washers, turn the unit on and without touching the selector dial move to the spin speed selection button. Next, press the button until you see your desired spin speed highlighted. Then press the Start button. The unit will drain any excess water before it spins.
How do I force my LG top loader to drain?
If you don’t have SPIN ONLY
- Power the unit ON.
- Select a cycle.
- Press START/PAUSE button to START the cycle.
- Allow a few minutes to pass so the cycle begins.
- Press the START/PAUSE button to PAUSE the cycle.
- Run an empty wash cycle to see if issue occurs again.
Why is my washer drain not draining?
A washing machine not draining can have multiple causes, including a clogged or jammed drain hose or a broken pump, lid switch, or belt. No matter the culprit, you need to drain the water from the washing machine before diagnosing the issue or doing any work to remedy the situation.