- Check the Door Lock Switch. Washers will not run if the door or lid is not closed.
- Rebalance the Load. Another simple problem that can stop the washer from draining is an unbalanced load.
- Drain Your Washer Manually.
- Clean the Drain Filter.
- Inspect the Drainage Hose.
- Check That the Drain Pump Is Working.
How do I get my LG front load washer to drain?
Press the POWER button to turn the washing machine off and remove the plug from the outlet. Locate the service panel on the bottom-left corner of the unit and open it. Unclip the drain hose and remove the plug from the drain hose to drain the water remaining inside the wash tub.
What do you do when your front load washer won’t drain?
If your front load washing machine has a buildup of lint, a piece of clothing or anything else in the drain trap, it won’t drain. Gently pry open the trap and remove the screw cap, using a bucket to catch any water that comes out. Once the draining is done, clear the trap completely.
How do I test my LG washing machine drain pump?
Press POWER to turn the washer ON. Press the SPIN SPEED key until HIGH is selected. Press the START/PAUSE button to start the SPIN ONLY cycle. Listen to hear a humming sound which indicates that the drain pump motor has started working.