- Turn off the water supply to the washing machine.
- Disconnect the water supply hose.
- Use pliers to pull out the mesh filter from inside the water inlet as shown.
- Use a soft brush to clean the filter with running water.
- Reinsert the filter. Make sure it is tightened against water leaks.
Does my Samsung top load washer have a debris filter?
The debris filter should be cleaned periodically, approximately every 30-40 loads, or 2-3 months.
Is there a filter to clean in a top load washing machine?
“Top loaders tend to have filters on the valves,” said Amber Peabody, Service Manager at Dunnett Inc. The valve filters sift the water going in and out of the pump and hoses. If you do happen to have a removable filter, consult your owner’s manual on how to properly remove it.