- Empty the drum. Remove any clothing from the wash drum.
- Add cleaning product. For most effective results, LG recommends using a washing machine tub cleaner according to the package instructions:
- Start tub clean.
Does my LG top load washer have a filter to clean?
LG top load washers have a drain filter that catches threads and small objects found inside your laundry. You need to regularly inspect and clean the filter to ensure that your LG washer keeps running smoothly.
How do I get the smell out of my LG top load washer?
- Wipe the rubber gasket and door.
- Run 3 Tub Clean cycles, back to back, using a Commercial Washing Machine cleaner.
- At the end of the three cycles leave the door open, and dry the entire inside of the tub (and the rubber gasket).
- Run the Tub Clean cycle at least Once per Week until the odor dissipates.
How do I use the clean cycle on my LG washer?
To start the cleaning process, make sure that the washer tub is empty of all laundry. Press the power button to turn your washing machine on. Turn the cycle selector knob, or press the tub clean cycle button to the indicator parked tub clean. Close the lid or door, and press the start button.