SUPPLIES NEEDED TO CLEAN A WASHER
- affresh® tablet1
- Liquid chlorine bleach.
- Damp cloth.
- All-purpose cleaner.
How do I deep clean my Maytag top load washer?
Method 1: Top-Load
- Set your washer to the hottest and largest setting and start the cycle.
- Add 1 quart of bleach to the water and let the water agitate for a minute so that it mixes well.
- Lift the machine’s lid and let it sit, full of bleach, for an hour.
- After the hour, close the cover and let it run an entire cycle.
Do Maytag washers have filters that need to be cleaned?
All modern Maytag washers have filters that should be regularly cleaned every 3-6 months to prevent harmful lint buildup or clogs. In top-loading machines the filters are in the center of the agitator tube.
How do you clean a smelly Maytag washer?
Here’s how to clean the interior when your Maytag washer smells like mildew:
- Sprinkle ⅓ cup of baking soda inside the empty washer tub and close the door.
- Pour 2 cups of white vinegar in the detergent dispenser.
- Start a regular wash cycle with hot water and run it to completion.